Skokie is where I was born and raised; where I returned to live and work for a decade after college; where I wrote my tragically undiscovered and as-yet-unpublished novel; and where I returned and now live after raising my three kids!
Here is my list of Ten Reasons Why I Love Skokie (although I could easily come up with at least ten more!):
1. Ethnic and age diversity of neighbors within the community.
2. Great Park District offerings for children, families, adults and seniors.
3. Exceptional public schools.
4. An award-winning library.
5. An abundance and variety of fresh produce at local fruit and vegetable markets.
6. A wonderful variety of ethnically diverse restaurants, bakeries and delis.
7. Its convenient location for quick and easy access to the culturally rich tri-county metropolitan area.
8. Parks, trees, green spaces and nature preserves.
9. The Skokie Northshore Sculpture Park and the Skokie Valley Trail.
10. Skokie Services – its Public Works and Public Safety departments, and its first responders.