I’ve lived in Skokie for 17 years and try to be active in the community. Here’s my top 10 in no particular order:
10. Skokie Park District – for so many reasons.
9. Wednesdays on the Green – been to almost every one of them since inception.
8. The Skokie Public Library – One of the best around.
7. The unspoken rule that everyone holds the door open for the next person!
6. The Skokie Police Department – They won’t hesitate to knock on my door at 10pm to let me know I left the trunk open on my car…again.
5. Skokie Public Works – Thanks for keeping Skokie up and running.
4. 4th of July Fireworks.
3. North Branch Yoga – Thankful for this studio to be located in Beautiful Downton Skokie.
2. The Skokie Bike/Walk Trail.
1. The Backlot Bash – The biggest fun of the summer.